Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 109

This day has been all about joy.

Everything we do near or far, where you are at, take joy.
I was thinking these things as I stood over the sink washing dishes this morning. In a week, I will probably be doing the same thing. School, work, chores, etc. But in three months, i'll be in a completely different spot. Loving on children at summer camp. In five months, i'll be on a plane heading to Romania. And in roughly 8 months, I'll be in Jinja.
I find myself thinking often that "it will be better. i'll be happier. the grass is greener over there." But i'm being   robbed of my joy when i think those things. When I feel like joy is in the summer, but not in my kitchen sink at this moment. When i feel like five months away is gonna make everything better and i'll be happier, but i can't scrub the bathroom counter without complaining.

I want joy, here and now.

"And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Collosian 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment