Tuesday, September 3, 2013

LBD Project Interview: Tatiana

Today i have a very exciting announcement! Since i will be traveling for the next couple of days, we are starting a new series over here at The LBD Project interviewing the people who take on a version of the challenge. Each interview will consist of 7 of the same questions giving LBD readers an inside look on the project. Over the passed few weeks, i've been sending interviews out to the lovely people that i know of that have made the choice to be clothed in love so that others can be loved as well.

For the kick off, i thought i would start!

1. Why did you decide to do the LBD Project?
I decided to do The LBD Project because of 13 orphans in Jinja, Uganda. I had never met them, but grew up hearing about this orphanage in church on any regular Sunday. Their needs/stories/prayer requests flooded my life. I knew that prayer was one of the most precious things you can offer a person, but i was honestly at a point in my life where i was using prayer as a substitute for tangibly helping someone in need. I remember thinking to myself, "why am i telling these people i will pray for them when i am capable of helping them in the first place." I wanted to be stretched and challenged, to get a taste of what it feels like to really love those in need. To shove my pride under the mat and maybe be laughed at a little. I decided to do this project for the children, but i also decided to do this project for me.

2. Who are you doing the project for?
I am doing the LBD project for Redeemer House Orphanage.

3. How long are you doing the project for?
I am doing the project January 1st thru December 31st of 2013. Four months to go!

4. How has the project changed you?
My entire outlook on life has changed. I've grown in my walk with the Lord. I've fallen in love with giving to others. I've become more bold in my beliefs and just in general as well. I've learned to care for those that need caring. I am more confident. I don't think i knew what i was doing when i decided to wear one dress for an entire year, but it has been reckless and lovely. There is not one day that passes by without learning something new.

5. What was your hardest challenge?
Not caring what others think of me.
I honestly walked into this project with a hesitant heart. I was scared of being laughed at, looked at, being told it was a stupid idea. All these things passed, but slowly, God has shown me the only one that matters is the Man upstairs Himself. The joy, love, and encouragement will always surpass the negative by a landslide. I have been changed by every message, comment, and e-mail i receive from my readers. It's really not enough to say 'thank you.'

6. What is one thing you've learned?
I've learned to be passionate, thoughtful, and love others around me.
And while doing so, I've learned that life isn't about me, but ultimately showing Christ's love to the people around me.

7. What advice would you give to someone that would like to do the LBD Project?
Whatever doubts you have in your mind, brush them to the side and do it. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's worth it. All of it is worth it. The prayers, the people you meet, the e-mails, the hard, and the good, and bad, and lovely. It's all so worth it. You may think it's an insane idea, but aren't the best ideas a little insane? There is an awesome community out here to support you, love you, and encourage you. I would not trade these last few months for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment