Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 244

Wont you love them too?
I spoke at church about the trip i'm about to take. It was the last Sunday at my church for three months. And it's made me realize how much i love it there. How much i love the people, and their hearts, and the love they have to give. I stood listening to the prayer of my pastor before he preached a message from 1 Corinthians. He prayed for the people, for the family about to adopt, and for me.
It's starting to hit me, that i'm getting on a plane to spend three months loving on the poor in another nation. An older woman came up to me after church and talked with me all about her trip to Africa this past year. She was so excited and gave me hug after hug after hug.

This is what i love. And i can't wait.
I can't wait for my 3 months in Romania.
I can't wait to share my stories of the orphaned children, of teaching English, of the people i meet, and each little hand i get to hold.

All this makes me more excited for the day my feet hit the ground in Africa.
The days i see the Redeemer House kids. I will play games with them, love them, laugh with them, just be with them.

If loving people is all i do for the rest of my life, i will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment